SEND School's Local Offer
Our vision is that every child will build strong foundations for a lifetime of learning through challenge, creativity, commitment, care and community.
Our principles for children with Special Educational Needs (SEND) are based on The Code of Practice on the Identification and Assessment of Special Education Needs (2015). We embrace the fact that every child is different, and, therefore, the educational needs of every child is different. We endeavour to make reasonable adjustments where possible to address the individual needs of children.
The SEND Policy reflects the working practices of Springfield Infant School for identifying, assessing, making provision for and reviewing children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and follows the guidance in the updated SEND Code of Practice (2015). The SEND Policy is intended to ensure that each child reaches their potential in an inclusive and supportive environment, which promotes and provides equal opportunities. The SEND Policy will be agreed with senior leaders and governors and will be updated on an annual basis.
At Springfield Infant School we aim to:
- Welcome children with a wide range of SEND.
- Ensure that children with SEND have full access to the curriculum.
- Identify individual needs and plan to meet them.
- Arrange the necessary additional support.
- Regularly review the effectiveness of the support provided.
- Work in close partnership with parents and carers.
- Forge productive partnerships with specialist support agencies.
- Continuously embrace all new legislations and strategies for SEND – both locally and nationally.