We use the online tool 'Tapestry' in the Early Years to assess each child's Level of Development. The target for each child is to achieve the Early Learning Goal (ELG) or even to 'Exceed' the ELG.
Early Learning Goal – Moving and Handling
Children show good control and coordination in large and small movements. They move confidently in a range of ways, safely negotiating space. They handle equipment and tools effectively, including pencils for writing.
Early Learning Goal – Health and Self-care
Children know the importance for good health of physical exercise, and a healthy diet, and talk about ways to keep healthy and safe. They manage their own basic hygiene and personal needs successfully, including dressing and going to the toilet independently.
- Experiments with different ways of moving.
- Jumps off an object and lands appropriately.
- Negotiates space successfully when playing racing and chasing games with other children, adjusting speed or changing direction to avoid obstacles.
- Travels with confidence and skill around, under, over and through balancing and climbing equipment.
- Shows increasing control over an object in pushing, patting, throwing, catching or kicking it.