Week 6 - 18.05.20
Listen to this story:
Now can you write about what you would like to be when you grow up? You might choose to be a doctor, a nurse, a teacher, a police officer, a firefighter, a vet, a shop worker, a chef, an astronaut, a hairdresser, a builder, or anything you choose!
Use these sentence stems to help you:
- When I grow up I hope to be a...
- I would like to be a...because...
- I want to be a...because...
- I am really good at...so...
- I think I would make a good...because...
Then can you draw a picture of you as whatever you choose to be when you grow up. Don't forget to send us your pictures, we'd love to see them!
Watch this video and then have a go at making your own dream catcher (you may need an adult to help you with this)!
Try this skittle experiment:
You will need:
- A bag of skittles
- A light coloured plate
- A small jug of water
Put some skittles in a pattern around the edge of the plate.
Carefully pour a small amount of water (just enough to reach the skittles) in to the middle of the plate. Wait to see what happens!
While you wait, have an oracy discussion and make a prediction. What do you think will happen and why? Was your prediction right? Turn over the skittles - what has happened to the bottom of them?
You can then try other experiments, for example:
- Using other liquids like lemonade, vinegar, milk, warm water - does anything different happen?
- Try making different patterns using the different coloured skittles.
- What will happen if you had a large circle of skittles on the outside of the plate and a smaller circle of different colour skittles in the middle of the plate? Do the colours all blend together?
- Does it work if you make a square or a triangle with the skittles?
This week is British Sandwich Week! Listen to this story:
What a disgusting sandwich! Did you think badger would eat it?
Can you design and draw a picture of your own disgusting sandwich?
What would you put in it? Worms, spiders, mud, slime, rotten eggs?
Send us pictures of your drawings to show us just how yucky your sandwich would be!
As this week is British Sandwich Week, we thought it would be the perfect opportunity for you to make your own delicious sandwiches and have a picnic with your family.
Enjoy the sunshine and remember to send us your pictures!
Have a lovely half term